3 Periodicals that I find interesting from SAPL’s collection:
- Do It Yourself
How to check out a magazine through OverDrive via your SAPL account:
- Open your library’s OverDrive website
- Find a periodical. You can search for periodicals by name or use the Advanced Search to find all titles in the NOOK Periodicals format.
- Once you’ve found a periodical that looks interesting, mouse over it (or tap it, on a mobile device) and select Send to NOOK app.
- A pop-up window will open, explaining what happens the first time you send a periodical to NOOK. Select Accept to Continue.
- If you’re not already signed into your library account, you’ll be prompted to do so now.
- If this is your first time getting a NOOK periodical, you’ll be taken to a Barnes & Noble page to sign into your NOOK (BN.com) account. If you don’t already have a free NOOK account, you’ll be prompted to register for one. After you’ve signed into (or created) your NOOK account, select Grant Access. This is a one-time step that allows periodicals in your library account to be sent to your NOOK account.
- Otherwise your periodical is now sent to your NOOK account. On your library’s OverDrive website, you’ll be taken to your Periodical History page, where you can see a complete list of periodicals you’ve successfully sent to NOOK. To read your periodical, switch over to your NOOK reading app or NOOK tablet.
- To read your periodical, switch over to your NOOK reading app or NOOK tablet.
Note: Periodicals that you send to NOOK will stay in your NOOK account forever (unless you manually remove them). You don’t have to worry about returning them to your library, and you’ll never be charged for them.
Information found on Using OverDrive Magazine’s Lib Guide.